WNx
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Form for the Ikariam Alliance WNx inside the world Epsilon on Ikariam.com which promote's growth and development along with trade for all Epsilon players We stand for liberty freedom and peace within the Ikariam realm We are an alliance of personal growth

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A defensive look at Ikariam strategy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brandon Najera

Brandon Najera

Location : Highlands Ranch, Colorado (United States of America)

A defensive look at Ikariam strategy Empty
PostSubject: A defensive look at Ikariam strategy   A defensive look at Ikariam strategy Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 11:01 am

first and foremost i must admit this is not 100% fact

but most of these things i'm going to tell you are either taken as fact by the ikariam community or i have done some math and figured it out.

First. Steam giants (sgs) are perhaps the best defensive unit in the game. they 5.33 defense for every piece of gold you spend on them

(fully upgraded however... im going to assume you always fully upgrade all of your troops.as you should)

secondly we must look at perhaps the most obvious unit to look at for defense.

THE PHALANX!!!!!

the unit has a higher defense per gold rating then the steam giant!!!(fully upgraded of course) 5.63

however sgs survive much longer then there cousins in battle giving the steam giants an added bonus to them!

(the endurance and stanima stats on most units are wrong dont trust them)

i have been attacked and attacked and defended with every single unit (en mass) {in a large amount}

and i must say sgs win.

please tell me your personal thoughts about this whether in pm on this site or a message or maybe a massage!!!1 would be nice as well!!!

forever and ever,
Brandon Najera
Back to top Go down
audonmaster

A defensive look at Ikariam strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: A defensive look at Ikariam strategy   A defensive look at Ikariam strategy Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 6:08 pm

someone obviously has never been in a real defensive war.
phalanx are the best, period.

every round there is a battle, each unit gets 1 attack on 1 unit.
3 or 4 things can happen with this dice, 1, you die. 2, he dies, but you get hurt. 3, you live, and he is out of attack points and can't hurt you. 4 (big maybe) is he lucks out and can't hurt you (highly doubt it). no stamina? you're dead.

stamina is JUST AS IMPORTANT in a battle, so much so that i would discourage using bombardiers (biggest attack in game) without slingers (biggest stamina per gold)

phalanx is your primary defense, period. build your walls high, and build your hideouts up at least equal your town hall, the bigger your town is the easier someone can get in, if they can't see your army, they will either attack with everything, nothing, or just die like an idiot. rarely does someone your own size win just by a random attack.

steam giants are costly, not high defensive, and very lousy at stamina (they die faster), they don't lose stamina like the rest of them, but this also get a penalty with cooks, which can mean victory or defeat on its own.

cooks, are primarily defensive, you use them in all defensive plans or when you need a tie breaker.
doctors are offensive, they are alittle helpful with defense, but you want to bring them to all attacks, whenever you can afford them, each one will save 1 or 2 units per round, dice of course.

now, navy, very basic. when you want defending ships, you usually want a mixture of ballista's catapults and mortars.
ballista's are score bloaters, doesn't cost as much per score, they also help massively with stamina, do not use as primary defense.
catapults are a good mix, basically they can be a primary defense, but not particularly good at either.
mortars are your primary defense, build them ahead of time, NEVER build them in an active fight.

this concludes audonmasters tutorial.

audonmaster, leader, diplomat and home secretary of the SaS.
Back to top Go down

A defensive look at Ikariam strategy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WNx :: Great Library of the Alliance :: NEW CITIZENS' GUIDE TO WNx-
Jump to: